Our 2018 convention will be in Southport – see below for some of the highlights – you have only a short time remaining to get tickets at the early bird rate – ends 28th February. Download the application form and apply now!
2018 Convention News
- Appearing at Southport will be Dion van Rijt. As a young child, he entertained his first audiences by dressing up as different characters in his living room at home, and at age six he found that magic was the perfect way to express himself. While practicing sleight of hand he also discovered ballet and quickly understood that these two disciplines would fit perfectly together. In 2016 he wowed audiences at our Buxton Convention as The White Magic Rabbit. Currently on a world tour with his show Mr. Purpurs, Dion will be showcasing his acclaimed Magic Tango act at Southport along with another new act never before seen at the IBM Convention.
- Don’t forget when making travel arrangements that the Convention starts at 10am on Thursday 6th September and finishes at 5pm on Sunday 9th September. There are still places at the Welcome Party on Wednesday evening 5th September, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on booking.
- Fifth Dimension will be appearing at Southport. Fifth Dimension are magicians and presenters Ivor Smith and Jeff Burns who have performed across the globe, from Singapore and Thailand to Hollywood and Las Vegas. At home in front of audiences large and small, Fifth Dimension thrive on interaction whether entertaining at corporate and private events, delivering Health and Safety presentations, team development workshops, or giving keynote speeches at high-profile business conferences. Fun and creativity are two of the most important elements present in all of Fifth Dimension’s work.
- If a contestant in the Stage Competition is awarded the British Ring Shield they will be invited to perform their winning act as part of West End Magic at Leicester Square Theatre in London. Contact the competition organiser Oliver Tabor to enter now email@example.com.
- Alexander Wells will be appearing at Southport. Evoking the feel of the Victorian and Edwardian Belle Epoch, Alexander’s timeless brand of entertainment caters for the most modern and exacting of tastes. On stage, Alexander delights and enthrals audiences with original presentations of classical magic brought bang up to date with contemporary innovations. From lively vaudevillian banter, to his poignant and visually arresting silent act, Alexander provides audiences of all ages with a glimpse of a magical world rarely seen today. Alexander’s close-up magic is borne of a life-long passion for sleight-of-hand and psychological illusion. It sparkles with an urbane humour that’s offset by his charming delivery. Evoking the feel of the Victorian and Edwardian Belle Epoch, Alexander’s timeless brand of entertainment caters for the most modern and exacting of tastes.
- Anthony Owen will be appearing at Southport. Anthony is a prolific and influential magical creator, producer and writer. As a performer he has appeared on over 100 UK television programmes and on the stages of theatres around the UK and in London’s West End. His original magical effects, routines and ideas have been featured by performers around the world and he has acted as a consultant for numerous performers and theatre and television productions. He is the BAFTA award winning producer of The Secret World of Magic, The Real Hustle, The Quick Trick Show, Monkey Magic, The Greatest Magic Tricks in the Universe, Marc Paul’s Mind Games, Magick, Thomas Solomon: Escape Artist and Derren Brown’s specials and series.